Distributor Pipeline HPP Gampadels Unterstufe – Engineering (2018)
Customer: Kremsmüller Industrieanlagenbau KG
The local energy supplier Illwerke vkw in Vorarlberg – Austria ordered a new distributor pipeline for their high pressure power plant Gampadels Unterstufe. Team H2 was in charge of the whole engineering for the pipe as well as the numerical analysis of the losses in the y-branches.
A particular challenge was the design and assessment of a branch without stiffening plate (sickle) to minimize the costs of a elaborate welding process. The assessment was done for a design pressure of about 70 bar.
- Design and assessment of the y-branch without stiffening plate
- Assessment of the whole pipe based on relevant standards and regulations
- Static assessment for operating, exceptional and disaster load case
- Cyclic assessment based on Eurocode (fatigue strength assessment)
- CFD-Simulation to obtain the losses of the y-branches
- Assessment for all fittings and other installations such as manholes, thrust rings or flanges